Pack-Track Seize+Adapt Case Study: Wider opportunities for an easy-open cigarette carton
- Pages: 15
- Published: August 2018
- Report Code: CS1804SA
"Pack-Track Seize+Adapt Case Study: Wider opportunities for an easy-open cigarette carton", uses GlobalData's Pack-Track packaging innovation tool to take a closer look at a pack format used in the US by Philip Morris for its Marlboro Ice menthol cigarettes, and to consider how it could potentially inspire cross-category innovation.
Packaging innovation can be a tricky area to navigate, but by thinking laterally and exploring pack formats that are already available outside your own market sectors, it may be possible to Seize+Adapt an idea, modifying it to suit your own purposes.
This case study was compiled using GlobalData's Pack-Track packaging innovation tool and takes a closer look at a flip-top cigarette carton with an auto-open/close reseal label, and considers how the format could cross over into other categories.
– Discusses key features and packaging benefits of Marlboro Ice auto-open/close flip-top cigarette carton.
– Examines how this pack format taps into consumer trends within GlobalData's TrendSights framework.
– Explores how this easy-to-use means of packaging could be applied to other product categories.
Reasons to buy
– Use GlobalData's Seize+Adapt Case Studies to inspire packaging innovation.
– Understand the relevant consumer trends that drive and support packaging innovation so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
– Discover to which product sectors this packaging innovation could potentially have application to create a point of difference.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
What is Seize+Adapt?
The packaging innovation – consumer convenience
How does the innovation align to TrendSights?
Wider opportunities for an easy-open cigarette carton