ForeSights: Voice-Activated Shopping – Shopping that utilizes voice-recognition technology
- Pages: 26
- Published: March 2018
- Report Code: CS1804FS
Voice-activated shopping uses voice queries to shop for products or services on a freestanding device like a smart speaker, digital voice assistant, or smartphone.
Voice-activated shopping takes internet shopping to a higher level by using voice-recognition software embedded in devices like smart speakers, digital voice assistants, or smartphones to shop for products. These devices use the consumer's voice to execute a search for a product or service with no physical interaction with a keyboard, mouse, or screen needed.
– Voice-activated shopping is powered by technology that enables the consumer to shop for products or services just by talking.
– Devices that enable voice-activated shopping include smart speakers (also referred to as digital voice assistants) and smartphones.
– Voice-activated shopping removes friction from the current online shopping process since no typing or tapping is necessary to "shop".
– Voice-activated shopping tends to be "winner take all" because search results tend to focus on one or two options instead of an entire list.
– Supermarket shopping is still dominated by brick-and-mortar stores; voice-activated shopping may chip away at that dominance.
– Screen size (too small) and ease-of-use are barriers keeping consumers from embracing online shopping; voice-activated shopping solves both issues.
Reasons to buy
– Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have under-performed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
– Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
– Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
– Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
Pew Research Center
Moet Hennessy USA
Table of Contents
Table of Contents