TrendSights: Sterilized Society 2018 – Responding to consumers’ fears about disease, infection, and hygiene
- Pages: 45
- Published: March 2018
- Report Code: CS1803TS
Sterilized Society is a trend associated with the Health & Wellness and Comfort & Uncertainty mega-trends. Anxiety around the avoidance of germs and other contaminants is driving demand for safer products with higher integrity, and so innovation that provides added assurance can help remove barriers to consumption. Cautious consumers need reassurance as to the integrity, safety, and reliability of products they buy.
There is an escalating obsession with hygiene, cleanliness, and immunity among global consumers, as awareness of infectious disease, bacteria, viruses, and how those can interact with or be affected by consumer choices rises. This is creating opportunities to incorporate broader functionality into products to enhance the "wellness factor".
– Consumers are paying ever greater attention to disease and related hygiene issues at home and away.
– Brands can adapt to these needs through a focus on antibacterial and antiviral characteristics in markets such household and personal care, and pet care.
– Packaging innovation can focus on improved protection from contamination and reassure consumers of product safety and reduced risk.
– Functionality in food and beverages aimed at enhancing immunity and delivering antioxidant properties can attract proactive consumers seeking holistic approaches to health.
Reasons to buy
– Understand the role of concerns about disease, infection, and pollution on consumers' attitudes and behaviors.
Blooming Pet Products
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
What is Sterilized Society?
Why is Sterilized Society important?
Who is driving Sterilized Society?
How Can Sterilized Society be capitalized on?
What Next in Sterilized Society?