Success Case Study: Kao CuCute Foam Spray – Dishwashing innovation offering a new spray-and-rinse concept
- Pages: 16
- Published: August 2017
- Report Code: CS1737SF
"Success Case Study: Kao CuCute Foam Spray", is part of GlobalData's Successes and Failures research. It examines the details of and reasons behind the success of the dishwashing innovation in Japan. It delivers the critical "what?", "why?", and "so what?" analysis to teach you crucial lessons that increase your chances of launching successful products as well as avoid the risk.
In response to the conventional notion that a sponge is used with dishwashing detergent, Kao CuCute Clear foam spray aims to create a new market with the new concept of "spraying away residue from places a sponge cannot reach." The concept has appealed to consumers in Japan and over 4.2 million bottles were sold between October 2016 and March 2017, twice Kao's original sales target for the product.
– Consumers in Japan generally do not enjoy cleaning at home, and offering a new benefit in dishwashing appeals to performance-driven consumers in the country.
– Kao CuCute is a well-established washing-up liquid brand in Japan, and the spray has not eroded the sales of other items in the line-up, being recommended to be used with the brand's core products.
– Innovative household cleaning products offering time-saving benefits have opportunities, as consumers are prepared to pay more for household cleaning products with these benefits.
Reasons to buy
– Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have under-performed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
– Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
– Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
– Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
About Successes & Failures Case Studies