Top Trends in Prepared Foods 2017: Exploring trends in meat, fish and seafood; pasta, noodles and rice; prepared meals; savory deli food; soup; and meat substitutes
- Pages: 50
- Published: June 2017
- Report Code: CS1713CT
"Top Trends in Prepared Foods 2017" is part of GlobalData's Top Trends series. It examines the key consumer behaviors that are shaping preferences within this space, and subsequently how this is translating into innovation and future opportunities.
The prepared foods sector represents a highly dynamic space for growth as consumers’ quest for convenience and experimentation continues and evolves and ethical and healthy eating gains consumer interest. Overarching themes include the rise of meat-free diets, healthy swaps driven by ingredient-savvy consumers seeking healthy alternatives to traditional starchy food, and experimental prepared food inspired by borrowing ideas from other food categories.
– Consumers' diets are diverse, and while most claim not to follow a specific diet, there is a gradual shift occurring in response to health trends.
– Consumers are less experimental with staple foods such as pasta, rice, and noodles, yet they are willing to experiment with prepared food that they do not consume frequently, such as ready meals.
– Consumers perceive an ethical and sustainable lifestyle to be an important part of their wellbeing and wellness, and prepared foods aligning with ethical and sustainable issues will appeal to many consumers.
Reasons to buy
– Identify how brands can innovate to engage consumers as well as showcasing best-in-class innovation examples throughout.
– Learn what consumer behavior is driving innovation using GlobalData's latest consumer research.
– Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Innovation Trends in Prepared Foods
Premiumized Junk Food
Fresh and Easy