Top Trends in Alcoholic Drinks 2017: Balancing Novelty and Experience Alongside Growing Health Concerns
- Pages: 46
- Published: March 2017
- Report Code: CS1705CT
"Top Trends in Alcoholic Drinks 2017", covers key trends to watch within the alcoholic drinks sector, drawing upon GlobalData's TrendSights framework, insight analysis, innovation intelligence, and product examples.
The alcoholic drinks sector represents a highly dynamic space for growth as consumers’ quest for experimentation continues to evolve. Overarching themes include growing demand for more low/no-alcohol and low-calorie products, the “craft” movement, and the influence of ethics, sustainability, and novelty factors within the industry.
– The craft beer boom is having spill-over effects on other alcoholic beverage industries, including the spirits and wine sectors.
– Health-conscious consumers are looking to moderate their alcohol consumption amid growing health concerns around alcohol-related disease and weight gain, while technological innovation is increasing opportunities for free-from alcoholic drinks.
– Living ethically is becoming more central to consumer lifestyles and is permeating the alcoholic beverage space, and consumers are increasingly on the lookout for unique and novel products within the alcoholic beverage industry.
Reasons to buy
– Explore five key innovation trends spanning a range of topics such as the continued impact of craft, the quest for lower calorie and low alcohol offerings, as well as creating more exciting consumption experiences.
– Identify how alcoholic drink brands can use innovation to take advantage of shifting consumer behaviors such as growing health concerns and avoidance of ingredients such as sugar.
– Learn what is driving consumer behavior within alcoholic drinks using GlobalData's latest consumer research to inform marketing and new product development decisions.
– Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development in the alcoholic drinks space.
Innis & Gunn
Thomson & Scott
Truly Spiked Sparkling
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Innovation Trends in Alcoholic Drinks
Trend 1: Craft Movement
Trend 2: Moderation & Avoidance
Trend 3: Weight Management
Trend 4: Ethical Alcohol
Trend 5: Novelty Factor