Top Trends in Soft Drinks 2017: New Health and Wellness Priorities, Winning in the War Against Sugar and Adultifying the Category
- Pages: 53
- Published: February 2017
- Report Code: CS1704CT
The soft drinks industry is under increasing pressure as consumer spending stagnates, the war on sugar rages on and consumers increasingly reject artificial alternatives. Trends explored in this research include healthy hydration solutions, the adultification of soft drinks, savory and spicy flavors, and soft drinks with just a hint of flavor or sweetness.
"Top Trends in Soft Drinks 2017" explores the latest consumer and innovation trends in bottled water, carbonated soft drinks, juices and smoothies, energy and sports drinks, and ready-to-drink tea and coffee.
– Globally, 60% of consumers are always or often influenced by how familiar or trustworthy a product feels when choosing non-alcoholic beverages.
– Almost half of consumers (48%) globally are actively choosing soft drinks with low or no sugar.
– Consumers are more willing to experiment with new product varieties when buying more generic beverages such as bottled water and RTD coffee/tea, than beverages that serve a functional purpose like energy and sports drinks.
Reasons to buy
– Explore seven key innovation trends spanning a range of topics such as emerging flavors, ingredients and health claims in soft drinks.
– Identify how soft drink brands can use innovation to overcome key industry issues such as the sugar backlash, taxation and rising demand for natural ingredients.
– Learn what is driving soft drinks consumer’s behavior using GlobalData's latest consumer research to inform marketing and new product development decisions.
– Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development in the soft drinks space.
Dr Pepper Snapple
Hop Pop Soda
Hackamore Premium Energy
Uncle Matt's Cold Pressed Water
Impressed Cold Pressed Juice
Garden of Flavor
Ugly Unsweet Water
Virtue Energy Water
Table of Contents
2. Innovation Trends in Soft Drinks
Cold is Hot
Savory and Spice
Take the Hint
3. The Future