TrendSights Analysis: Environmental Responsibility – Meeting consumers’ environmentally conscious expectations
- Pages: 41
- Published: July 2017
- Report Code: CS1703TS
Environmental Responsibility is a constituent trend within the Sustainability & Ethics mega-trend. It reflects consumers' broadening concern about the global environment and how that is influencing their attitude towards consumption and brands and producers.
Consumers and brands/producers are all increasingly making decisions based on responsibility towards the natural environment, driving a need for continual improvement in genuinely responsible products and services.
– Consumers are becoming more educated about the environmental impact of their product choices and increasingly basing those choices, at least partially, on a more responsible ethos with respect to natural impact.
– Brands are responding through targeting "green" consumers mainly by using environmentally friendly claims on product packaging (e.g. "recyclable," "natural ingredients," "eco-friendly," "locally produced").
– With consumers inclined to be critical of brands' messages, the onus is on producers to convince beyond mere marketing copy and be committed to mitigating the environmental impact of their products and businesses.
Reasons to buy
– Understand the role of environmental responsibility in changing consumer attitudes and behaviors.
– Discover the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
– Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
– Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
Raw Food Central
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
What is Environmental Responsibility?
Why is Environmental Responsibility important?
Who is driving Environmental Responsibility?
How can Environmental Responsibility be capitalized on?
What next in Environmental Responsibility?