GlobalData’s ‘Croatia Cards and Payments – Opportunities and Risks to 2025’ report provides detailed analysis of market trends in the Croatian cards and payments industry. It provides values and volumes for a number of key performance indicators in the industry, including cash, cards,credit transfers and direct debits during the review-period (2017-21e).
The report also analyzes various payment card markets operating in the industry and provides detailed information on the number of cards in circulation, transaction values and volumes during the review-period and over the forecast-period (2021e-25f). It also offers information on the country’s competitive landscape, including market shares of issuers and schemes.
The report brings together GlobalData’s research, modeling, and analysis expertise to allow banks and card issuers to identify segment dynamics and competitive advantages. The report also covers detailed regulatory policies and recent changes in regulatory structure.
This report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights into the Croatian cards and payments industry, including –
– Current and forecast values for each market in the Croatian cards and payments industry, including debit, credit and charge cards.
– Detailed insights into payment instruments including cash, cards, credit transfers and direct debits. It also, includes an overview of the country’s key alternative payment instruments.
– E-commerce market analysis .
– Analysis of various market drivers and regulations governing the Croatian cards and payments industry.
– Detailed analysis of strategies adopted by banks and other institutions to market debit, credit and charge cards.
– To promote the adoption and usage of electronic payments, the NKSInst instant payment scheme was developed by Croatian financial agency Fina. It was granted authorization by the Croatian National Bank (the country’s central bank) on February 12, 2020 and went live on October 29, 2020. The new instant payment solution is aligned with European SEPA Instant Credit Transfer (SCT Inst) standards and operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. NKSInst settles funds in near-real-time, with recipient banks required to credit amounts to their customers no more than 10 seconds after a payment is received.
– The rising adoption of contactless payments during the review period boosted card payments in Croatia. To capitalize on their growing popularity, all major banks – including Zagrebačka banka (part of UniCredit Group) and Erste Bank – now offer contactless cards. The number of contactless cards in the country more than tripled from 2.1 million in 2017 to 6.9 million in 2021. This figure is set to record a forecast-period CAGR of 8.0% to reach 9.3 million in 2025. To promote contactless payments amid the COVID-19 pandemic, the country’s contactless payment limit was raised from HRK100 ($16.21) to HRK250 ($40.53) in March 2020.
– The emergence of digital-only banks will push electronic payments in the country. UK-based Revolut launched its banking services in 11 European markets (including Croatia) in March 2021. Previously, digital-only bank bunq launched in Croatia in October 2019, offering individual and business accounts and Mastercard-branded virtual and physical debit cards. Meanwhile, digital-only bank Monese also operates in Croatia. It offers individual and joint bank accounts, business accounts, and Mastercard-branded contactless debit cards.
Reasons to Buy
– Make strategic business decisions, using top-level historic and forecast market data, related to the Croatian cards and payments industry and each market within it.
– Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities in the Croatian cards and payments industry.
– Assess the competitive dynamics in the Croatian cards and payments industry.
– Gain insights into marketing strategies used for various card types in Croatia.
– Gain insights into key regulations governing the Croatian cards and payments industry.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Payment Infrastructure and Regulation