"Chile Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report," a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Chile today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2025. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics, and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile, and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The telecom service revenue growth in Chile will be driven by revenue growth in the mobile data and fixed broadband segments. Mobile data revenue will remain the largest contributor towards total telecom revenues suppsupported by growing mobile data consumption for accessing online video content and social networking applications and growing mobile data ARPU. Fixed broadband revenue will beprojected growth in the cable and FTTH subscriptions, on the back of improving fixed broadband network coverage in the country. Pay-TV revenue will decline,due to falling overall pay-TV ARPU, subscription losses in the DTH segment and growing demand for OTT-based video services.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following –
– Demographic and macroeconomic context in Chile.
– The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
– Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
– The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
– Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
– Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
– Chile’s telecom and pay-TV service revenues will grow from an estimated $5.6 billion in 2020 to $5.9 billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 1.0% over 2020-2025, driven by revenue growth in the mobile data and fixed broadband segments.
– Mobile data revenues will grow at a CAGR of 5.1% over 2020-2025, to reach $2.8 billion by the end of 2025, supported by rising mobile data consumption and expanding mobile data ARPU.
– Pay-TV service revenue will decline from an estimated $1.23 million in 2020 to $1.17 million by 2025, owing to decline in overall pay-TV ARPU.
Reasons to buy
– This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Chile’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
– Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Chile’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
– With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
– The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Chile’s telecommunications markets.
– The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Chile.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
Demographic and macroeconomic context
Telecom and pay
TV services market outlook
Total telecom service revenue
Mobile services market
Fixed services market
TV services market
Competitive landscape and company snapshots
Baseline forecast assumptions
Country Intelligence Report coverage