Iran Cigarettes, 2020
- Pages: 51
- Published: November 2020
- Report Code: CG0773MR
Iran Cigarettes, 2020 is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Iranian Cigarette market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2030.
One of the largest markets for cigarettes in the Middle East, Iran presents an attractive opportunity for global tobacco companies, in terms of trading-up and expansion. Despite ongoing issues with contraband and slow economic growth, the duty paid sector is expected to show positive growth in the coming years, driven by a growing population and increased multinational involvement in the market. In the long-term, the collapse of the nuclear deal and rising prices may inhibit growth.
– Both duty paid and non-duty paid sales in 2019 totalled an estimated 66 billion pieces.
– The impact of increased investment, and rising export sales, pushed output to a new high of 54.8 billion pieces for the 2019/20 financial year
– A total ban on imports has been reported as of 2019. Exports are minimal at 620 million pieces in 2019.
– Per capita consumption is set to rise by only 1.5% to 598 pieces over the same period, down on a forecast 607 pieces in 2025/26.
– Long-term issues are expected to arise from ongoing contraband issues and the collapse of the nuclear deal.
Reasons to buy
– Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
– Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
– The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
– This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes – prime intelligence for marketers.
– Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Iran Tobacco Company
British American Tobacco
Japan Tobaco International
Arian Tobacco Industry
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
2. Market Size
3. Market Structure
4. Manufacturers & Brands
5. Taxation & Retail Prices
5.2. Retail Prices
6. The Smoking Population
7. Production & Trade
8. Operating Constraints
8.1. Advertising Restrictions
8.2. Health Warnings
8.3. Government Restrictions
9. Company Profiles
10. Prospects & Forecasts
11.1. What is This Report About?
11.2. Time Frame
11.3. Product Category Coverage
11.5. About GlobalData
11.7. Contact Us
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2020
Table 2: Total Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2020
Table 3: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2020
Table 4: Market Breakdown by Type: Filter v Plain, 1990-2015, Million Pieces
Table 5: Market Breakdown by Type: Filter v Plain, 1990-2015, % of Volume
Table 6: Cigarette Sales by Diameter, 2006-2008, % Volume
Table 7: Cigarette Sales by Category, 2000-2008, %
Table 8: Market Share, Domestic & Imports, 2009-2019, Million Pieces
Table 9: Market Share, Domestic & Imports, 2009-2019, % (Percentage Share)
Table 10: Iran: Cigarette Manufacturer's Market Share, 2006 & 2009, % Volume
Table 11: Iran: Cigarette Manufacturer's Market Share, 2016-2019, % Volume
Table 12: Iran: Cigarette Manufacturer's Market Share, 2016-2019, Billion Pieces
Table 13: Cigarette Brand Shares, 2006 & 2009, % Volume
Table 14: Tobacco Price Inflation, 2004/05-2016/17
Table 15: Cigarette Prices, 2009, US$
Table 16: Cigarette Prices (Most Popular Price Category), 2008-2018
Table 17: Smoking Population,1990-2019
Table 18: Cigarette Smoking Prevalence, Overall & Tobacco Use by Gender, (GATS 2014), Percentage Share (%)
Table 19: Current Tobacco Use by Age and Gender, (GATS 2014), Percentage Share (%)
Table 20: Smoking in Tehran by Subgroup, 2013
Table 21: Current (Overall) & Daily Cigarette Smoking by Age & Gender, 2007
Table 22: Cigarette Production, 1990-2020, Million Pieces
Table 23: Imports of Cigarettes, 1990-2019
Table 24: Cigarette Imports by Country of Origin, 2009-2019, Million Pieces
Table 25: Cigarette Imports by Country of Origin, 2009-2019, % of Total
Table 26: Official Imports of Cigarettes by Country of Origin, 2011
Table 27: Exports of Cigarettes, 1994-2019
Table 28: Cigarette Exports by Country of Destination, 2009-2019, Million Pieces
Table 29: Cigarette Exports by Country of Destination, 2009-2019, % of Total
Table 30: Official Imports of Cigarettes by Country of Origin, 2011
Table 31: Company Profile: Islamic Republic of Iran Tobacco Company (ITC)
Table 32: Consumption Forecasts, 2020-2030
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology
Figure 2: GlobalData at a Glance