Cigarettes in Bolivia, 2017
- Pages: 40
- Published: May 2017
- Report Code: CG0354MR
"Cigarettes in Bolivia, 2017", is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in Bolivia.
Bolivia remains one of Latin America's poorest and least developed countries with just under 50% of the population living below the poverty line. Yet in contrast to many of its neighbors, Bolivia's economy has recently been performing well with GDP growth averaging 5% per annum and inflation at a similar level. Although regional growth is sporadic, and despite a lack of foreign investment in the mining and hydrocarbon sectors, and high expectations from consumers about improvements to the economy, the current prudent approach to monetary policy appears successful. The legitimate market for cigarettes has seen strong, if somewhat sporadic, growth in recent years helped by improvements in the economy and in disposable incomes.
What else does this report offer?
– Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise.
– Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers, leading brands along with company profiles.
– Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habit and the growing health concerns affecting overall production.
– Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2016 to 2026.
– Between 1990 and 2013, volumes expanded by 153% to 2.52 billion pieces.
– In per capita terms, Bolivians consumed an average of 220 cigarettes in 2015 – which is low – but true consumption levels are possibly as high as 400 pieces per year if contraband and counterfeit sales are included.
– Smoking is quite prevalent, with an estimated total incidence rate of 34.9% in 2016.
– Filter cigarettes dominate the market with 95% of sales.
Reasons to buy
– Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
– Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
– As consumers’ product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change – favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the specific market dynamics of the country's market is crucial to ensuring maximum future sales.
– The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers.
– Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Compania Industrial de Tabacos SA
Philip Morris International
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
1. Overview 5
2. Market Size 6
3. Market Structure 10
4. Manufacturers & Brands 12
5. Taxation & Retail 16
5.1. Taxation 16
5.2. Retail Prices 17
6. The Smoking Population 18
7. Production & Trade 22
7.1. Production 22
7.2. Imports 24
7.3. Exports 28
8. Operating constraints 30
8.1. Advertising Restrictions 30
8.2. Health Warnings 30
8.3. Other Constraints 31
9. Company Profiles 32
10. Prospects & Forecasts 33
11. Appendix 35
11.1. What is this Report About? 35
11.2. Time Frame 35
11.3. Product Category Coverage 35
11.4. Methodology 36
11.5. About GlobalData 38
11.6. Disclaimer 39
11.7. Contact Us 40
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2016 7
Table 2: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2015 9
Table 3: Market Breakdown: Domestic v Imported Products, 2000-2015, Million Pieces 10
Table 4: Market Breakdown: Domestic v Imported Products, 2000-2015, % Breakdown 10
Table 5: Market Breakdown: Blond v Dark, 2000-2006, Million Pieces 11
Table 6: Market Breakdown: Blond v Dark, 2000-2006, % Breakdown 11
Table 7: Manufacturer Sales, 2000-2016, Million Pieces 13
Table 8: Manufacturer Market Shares, 2000-2016, % 14
Table 9: Manufacturer Prices of Cigarettes, 1995-2013 17
Table 10: Smoking Population, 1990-2016 19
Table 11: Prevalence of Smoking by Gender, 1992-2008 20
Table 12: Smoking Prevalence by Social Class, 2000 20
Table 13: Cigarette Production, 1990-2015 23
Table 14: Cigarette Imports, Volume & Value, 1990-2014 25
Table 15: Cigarette imports by Country of Origin, Volume, 2000-2016, Million Pieces 26
Table 16: Cigarette imports by Country of Origin, Volume, %, 2000-2016 27
Table 17: Cigarette Exports: Volume & Value, 1990-2012 29
Table 18: Compañia Industrial de Tabacos SA (Citsa) 32
Table 19: Consumption Forecasts to 2026 34
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology 36
Figure 2: GlobalData at a glance 38