The beverages market consumption volume in Bosnia-Herzegovina was 280.3 million liters (ML) in Q4-2020. The overall beverages industry in Bosnia recorded a marginal increase in 2021, led by relaxed pandemic measures, rapid vaccination rollout, and a gradual recovery of consumer confidence. While alcoholic drinks, soft drinks, and dairy & soy drinks & milk alternatives grew in volume sales in Q4 2021, hot drinks recorded a decline, led by a significant fall in volume for hot coffee. The reopening of HoReCa outlets and increased public mobility further fueled on-premises consumption growth for soft drinks in Q4 2021.
What are the key categories in the Bosnia-Herzegovina beverages market?
The key categories in the Bosnia-Herzegovina beverages market are soft drinks, hot drinks, alcoholic drinks, and dairy & soy drinks & milk alternatives. Soft drinks had the highest market share in the Bosnia-Herzegovina beverages market in Q4 2020 followed by hot drinks, alcoholic drinks, and dairy & soy drinks & milk alternatives.
The soft drinks category can be further segmented into packaged water, bulk/HOD water, enhanced water, flavored water, carbonates, juice, nectars, still drinks, squash/syrups, fruit powders, iced/RTD tea drinks, sports drinks, and energy drinks. Carbonates were the largest segment in the Bosnia-Herzegovina soft drinks category in Q4-2020 followed by packaged water and nectars.
The hot drinks category can be further segmented into hot coffee, hot tea, and other hot drinks. Hot coffee was the largest segment in the Bosnia-Herzegovina hot drinks category in Q4-2020 followed by other hot drinks and hot tea.
The alcoholic drinks category can be further segmented into beer, cider, flavored alcoholic beverages, fortified wine, brandy, gin & genever, liqueurs, rum, sorghum beer, sparkling wine, specialty spirits, still wine, tequila & mezcal, vodka, and whiskey. Beer was the largest segment in the Bosnia-Herzegovina alcoholic drinks category in Q4-2020 followed by still wine and brandy.
Dairy & soy drinks & milk alternatives
The dairy & soy drinks & milk alternatives category can be further segmented into condensed milk, drinking yogurt, evaporated milk, fermented milk, flavored milk, grain, nut, rice & seed milk alternative drinks, soymilk, and white milk. White milk was the largest segment in the Bosnia-Herzegovina dairy & soy drinks & milk alternatives category in Q4-2020 followed by drinking yogurt and fermented milk.
Bosnia-Herzegovina beverages market, by categories
For more category insights, download a free report sample
Market report scope
Consumption volume (Q4-2020)
|Time period||Q4 2021|
|Key categories||Hot Drinks, Soft Drinks, Alcoholic Drinks, and Dairy & Soy Drinks & Milk Alternatives|
- Topline consumption volumes for Q4-2021 vs Q4-2020, moving annual totals (MAT), the full year 2021 provisional data, and 2022 forecasts for all beverage categories.
- Carbonates consumption data for Q4-2021 vs Q4-2020, moving annual totals (MAT), the full year 2021 provisional data, and 2022 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor.
- An economic mood indicator with a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands, and price trends.
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for the full year 2021.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the Bosnia-Herzegovina beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning.
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in Bosnia-Herzegovina to back your marketing initiatives.
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2022 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company.
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity.
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry ‘hot topic’ offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. At A Glance
3. Market Environment
4. Category Summary, Outlook and New Products
Dairy & Soy Drinks & Milk Alternatives
5. Data Tables
6. Forecasting Methodology
Frequently Asked Questions
The Bosnia-Herzegovina beverages market consumption volume was 280.3 ML in Q4-2020.
The key categories in the beverages market in Bosnia-Herzegovina are soft drinks, hot drinks, alcoholic drinks, and dairy & soy drinks & milk alternatives.