South Korea Baby Food, 2021
- Pages: 138
- Published: February 2021
- Report Code: BF332MR
South Korea Baby Food, 2021, is an analytical report by GlobalData which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the South Korean market.
Government incentives to encourage childbirth have so far proved unable to reverse the birth trend, and the country has one of the lowest crude birth rates in the world. The baby population is expected to continue to fall up to 2023 and then increase only slightly, and this will inevitably have a negative impact on overall volume and per capita consumption of baby food.
What else does this report offer?
– Consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the industry.
– Detailed profile of the companies operating and new companies considering entry in the industry along with their key focus product sectors.
– Market profile of the various product sectors with the key features & developments, segmentation, per capita trends and the various manufacturers & brands.
– Overview of baby food retailing with a mention of the major retailers in the country along with the distribution channel.
– Future projections considering various trends which are likely to affect the industry.
– Milks claim 58% of the total baby food market, while cereals & dry meals constitute the second largest category; but volumes have declined in the face of competition from ready-to-feed baby meals as the consumers can mostly afford commercially prepared baby food.
– The vast majority of baby food is manufactured within the country, and suppliers are increasingly looking abroad to expand their sales.
– Multinational representation is very low, due mainly to the supremacy of the two leading domestic suppliers, Namyang and Maeil. Small-scale outlets remain important in the distribution of baby food but have been losing share to modern grocery outlets, which account for the majority of sales
– Sales via e-commerce have expanded rapidly in recent years with over 60% of consumers saying they have bought infant formula online, and over 50% of baby meals were bought online. Many overseas brands are available online, alongside domestic companies online. There is therefore expected to be little change in total consumption, although wet meals, drinks and finger foods will grow rapidly at the expense of cereals & dry meals, while sales of milks will grow very slowly.
Reasons to buy
– Evaluate important changes in consumer behavior and identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation.
– Analyse current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit.
– Detailed understanding of consumption by individual product categories in order to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
– Investigates which categories are performing the best and how this is changing market dynamics.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Value And Volume Growth Analysis By Region
Growth Analysis Of South Korea Compared To Other Leading Countries In The Asia Pacific Market
PCC And PCE Of South Korea Compared To Global And Asia Pacific Markets
Socio Demographic Trends
South Korean Baby Food sector snapshot
Market Size Analysis
Baby Meals & Others
Production And Trade
Baby Food Retailing
Prospects And Forecasts
Birth & Population Projections
South Korean Baby Food Sector Snapshot
Impact of COVID 19
Additional Data Tables
List of Tables
List of Tables
Birth & Population Trends, 2010 2020
Live Births By City & Province (‘000), 2013 2018
Composition Of Live Births By Age Group of Mothers, %, 2013 2018
Women Of Childbearing Age, By Age Group, 2013 & 2020
Economically Active Women By Age Group, 2017 & 2019
Breastfeeding Rates By Age Of Baby, %, 2000-2018
Exclusive Breastfeeding Rates By Age Of Baby, %, 2000 2018
Mothers Ever Breastfeeding, 2018
Breastfeeding Patterns Of Married Women, By Week/Month, 2018
Leading Categories (Value), 2020
Leading Categories (Volume), 2020
Baby Food: Manufacturer Shares, Value & Volume, %, 2013-2020
Baby Food: Manufacturer Shares By Category, %, 2020
Baby Milks: Retail vs. Online Sales, 2018-2020
Baby Milks: Facings Allocation By Type Of Packaging, 2020
Baby Milk Powder: Facings Allocation By Pack Size, 2020
Liquid Baby Milks: Facings Allocation By Pack Size, 2020
Baby Milks: Brand Price Positioning Analysis, 2020
Baby Milks: Manufacturer Shares, % Value & Volume, 2013 2020
Baby Cereals & Dry Meals: Brand Price Positioning Analysis, 2020
Baby Cereals: Facings Allocation By Pack Size, 2020
Baby Cereals: Facings Allocation By Pack Type, 2020
Baby Cereals & Dry Meals: Manufacturer Shares, 2014 2020
Wet Baby Meals: Facings Allocation By Type And Size Of Packaging, 2017 & 2020
Finger Foods: Facings Allocation By Type And Size Of Packaging, 2020
Drinks: Facings Allocation By Type And Size Of Packaging, 2020
Wet Meals: Brand Price Positioning Analysis, 2020
Finger Foods: Brand Price Positioning Analysis, 2020
Drinks: Brand Price Positioning Analysis, 2017
Baby Meals & Others: Manufacturer Shares, Value & Volume, %, 2014 2020
Baby Milks & Cereals: Trends In Imports, 2013 2019
Imports Of Baby Milks & Cereals By Country Of Origin, 2017 2019
Other Baby Food: Trends In Imports, 2013 2019
Imports Of Other Baby Food By Country of Origin, 2017 2019
Baby Milks & Cereals: Trends In Exports, 2013 2019
Exports of Baby Milks & Cereals By Country Of Destination, 2017 2019
Other Baby Food: Trends In Exports, 2013 2019
Exports Of Other Baby Food By Country Of Destination, 2017 2019
Change In Distribution Share, 2014 2019
Baby Meals: Sales By Outlet Type, % Value, 2014 2020
Consumer Habits Regarding Online Baby Meal Purchases, 2020
Baby Food: Sales By Outlet Type, % Value, 2014 2020
Birth & Population Projections, 2014 2026
Leading Categories (Value), 2020
Baby Food: Category Growth, 2020 2026
Baby Population, Number Of Babies ’000, 2011 2026
Baby Food: Market Value, Current Prices, 2014 2020
Baby Food: Market Value, Constant Prices, 2014 2020
List of Figures
List of Figures
Value and Volume Share of South Korea In The Global And Asia Pacific Baby Food Sector, 2019 2024
South Korea Compared To The Other Top Countries In Terms Of Market Share, Growth, And Competitive Landscape
PCC Comparison South Korea, Asia Pacific, And Global, 2014 2024
PCC comparison South Korea, Asia Pacific, And Global, 2014 2024
Baby Food: Sector Size (Value), 2014 2020
Baby Food: Sector Size (Volume), 2014 2020
Market Size And Growth Analysis By Value And Volume, Baby Food Sector, 2014 2026
Baby Food: Manufacturer Shares, Value %, 2020
Baby Food: Manufacturer Shares, Volume %, 2020
Baby Food: Manufacturer Shares By Category, % Value, 2020
Market Size And Growth Analysis By Value and Volume, Baby Milks, 2014 2026
Baby Milks: Per Capita Expenditure & Consumption, 2014 2020
Baby Milks: Per Capita Expenditure & Consumption by Age Group, 2014 2020
Baby Milks: Segmentation, Value and Volume, 2014 2020
Leading Companies (In Value and Volume Terms) In The Baby Milk Category, 2020
Market Size And Growth Analysis By Value And Volume, Baby Cereals Category, 2014 2026
Baby Cereals & Dry Meals: Per Capita Expenditure & Consumption, 2014 2020
Leading Companies (In Value And Volume Terms) In The Baby Cereals Category, 2020
Market Size And Growth Analysis By Value And Volume, Baby Wet Meals Category, 2014 2026
Baby Meals: Per Capita Expenditure & Consumption, 2014 2020
Leading Companies (In Value And Volume Terms) In The Baby Wet Meals Category, 2020
Share Of Key Distribution Channels (In Volume Terms) Baby Food, 2020
GDP At Current Prices ( Billion) And Annual Growth (%)
Real GDP Growth Rate (%) (2014-2026)
Consumer Price Inflation (%) (2014-2026)
Live Births (000’s)
Crude Birth Rate (%)
Sector Forecast (Value) & (Volume)
Per Capita Expenditure, 2020
Per Capita Consumption, 2020