GlobalData, the industry analysis specialist, has released its new report, Acromegaly and Gigantism Therapeutics Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017”. The report is an essential source of information and analysis on the global acromegaly and gigantism therapeutics market. The report identifies the key trends shaping and driving the global acromegaly and gigantism therapeutics market. The report also provides insights on the prevalent competitive landscape and the emerging players expected to significantly alter the market positioning of the current market leaders. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insights on the pipeline products within the global acromegaly and gigantism therapeutics sector. This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GlobalData’s team of industry experts.
GlobalData estimates that the global Acromegaly and Gigantism therapeutics market is worth $1,272m in 2010, after increasing at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 8% during 2005–2010. However, during 2010–2017, the market is expected to record a CAGR of 5%, to reach $1,821m by 2017. The acromegaly and gigantism therapeutics market is expected to grow during forecast period due to expected launch of drugs with novel mechanism of action and newer formulations of existing product at premium price that would increase patient compliance and drive the market growth during the forecast period. Patent of Sandostatin LAR Depot (octreotide) is expected to get expired in the US by the end of November 2014 and has already been expired in the European countries in July 2010. However, the patent expiration of Sandostatin LAR would have a little effect on the market growth as Sandostatin LAR is biologics, and bio-similar of these drugs would be available at competitive prices provided guidelines for the launch of bio-similars are implemented. Market is expected to show moderate growth due to expected launch of pasireotide LAR (SOM230), which is novel somatostatin analogue with more affinity towards receptors. Also, the expected launch novel formulation of existing products such as octreotide (C2L) implant would help to drive the market growth due to increased patient compliance and increasing number of treated patients.
- The report provides information on the key drivers and challenges of the acromegaly and gigantism therapeutics market. Its scope includes:
- Annualized global acromegaly and gigantism therapeutics market revenues data from 2005 to 2010, forecast for seven years to 2017.
- Pipeline analysis data providing details on the range of prodcuts across the different phases of development, the mechanisms of action being developed and emerging market trends. Pipeline candidates fall under the major therapeutic classes of Somatostatin Analogues, Growth Hormone Receptor Antagonists and Targeted Secretion Inhibitors.
- Analysis of the current and future competition in the global acromegaly and gigantism therapeutics market. The key market players covered are, Novartis AG, Endo Pharmaceuticals Inc., Teijin Pharma Limited, Ambrilia Biopharma Inc., Glide Pharmaceutical, DeveloGen AG, Camurus AB, Peptron Inc. and Chiasma Limited.
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide a qualitative analysis of its implications.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs and the implications for the acromegaly and gigantism therapeutics market.
- Analysis of key recent licensing and partnership agreements in acromegaly and gigantism therapeutics market.
Reasons To Buy
- The report will enhance your decision making capability. It will allow you to:
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipelines.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global acromegaly and gigantism therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments and companies likely to impact the global acromegaly and gigantism therapeutics market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
- What’s the next big thing in the global acromegaly and gigantism therapeutics market landscape? Identify, understand and capitalize.