Target Corporation (Target) is a general merchandise and food items retailer. The company offers a wide assortment of products including household essentials, hardlines, apparel and accessories, food and pet supplies, and home furnishing and decor. It markets these products under owned brands and exclusive brands. Its owned brands include private label brands such as, Archer Farms, Boots & Barkley, Market Pantry, Merona, Spritz, Target Home, up & up, and Wine Cube, among others. The company's stores are categorized as Target general merchandise stores, expanded food assortment stores, SuperTarget stores and CityTarget stores. Target is headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, the US.
The company focuses on the expansion of its stores network, market presence and product portfolio. As part of the market expansion, the company entered into Canadian market and announced its plan to open 124 stores in Canada in 2013, of which 68 are opened. As part of the stores expansion, it opened 23 stores and has plans to open several other stores.
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Target Corporation provides you an in-depth strategic analysis of the company’s businesses and operations.
The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s
key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats.
The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners,
customers and competitors better.
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – GlobalData’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list of key operational centers and subsidiaries of the company, including contact details.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with five-year history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from five quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company during the interim period.
- Note: Some sections may be missing if the company’s data is unavailable.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research purposes. Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated into the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
- Identify potential customers and suppliers based on the analysis of the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services and business strategy.
- Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies with GlobalData’s detailed SWOT analysis. It analyzes the company’s core strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats, providing you with an up-to-date objective view of the company.
- Examine potential investment and acquisition targets with this report’s detailed insight into the company’s strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratios presented for major public companies in the report include revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.