GlaxoSmithKline plc (GSK) is a healthcare company. It focuses on the development, manufacture and commercialization of pharmaceutical and consumer health related products. The company offers medicines for the treatment of various diseases such as infections, asthma, diabetes, cardiovascular, mental health and digestive conditions. Its research and development activities focus on the development of medicines and vaccines for HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria. The company also offers antiviral drugs, vaccines, consumer healthcare products and medicines for asthma, cardiovascular and digestive conditions, diabetes, infections and mental health. It also operates research facilities in the UK, the US, Belgium, Spain, and China. GSK is headquartered in Middlesex, the UK.
GSK aims at offering high quality medicines and vaccines to enhance the quality of human life around the world. Its strategy is to improve long-term financial performance with a diversified business model, enhance R&D returns, and deliver a diverse line of products, while simplifying its operating model. The company also aims at maintaining its existing partnerships and entering into new collaborative agreements to augment its services.
This comprehensive SWOT profile of GlaxoSmithKline plc provides you an in-depth strategic analysis of the company’s businesses and operations.
The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s
key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats.
The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners,
customers and competitors better.
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – GlobalData’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list of key operational centers and subsidiaries of the company, including contact details.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with five-year history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from five quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company during the interim period.
- Note: Some sections may be missing if the company’s data is unavailable.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research purposes. Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated into the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
- Identify potential customers and suppliers based on the analysis of the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services and business strategy.
- Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies with GlobalData’s detailed SWOT analysis. It analyzes the company’s core strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats, providing you with an up-to-date objective view of the company.
- Examine potential investment and acquisition targets with this report’s detailed insight into the company’s strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratios presented for major public companies in the report include revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.