AmerisourceBergen Corporation (AmerisourceBergen) is a pharmaceutical services provider with focus in drug distribution and manufacturing related services such as, pharmaceutical packaging, pharmacy automation, supply management software, inventory management, consulting and logistics services and physician education. It offers the complete range of branded and generic pharmaceuticals, over-the-counter healthcare products, home healthcare supplies and equipment and related services. In pharmaceutical supply channel, the company serves both healthcare providers and pharmaceutical manufacturers. Its operations are concentrated in the US, Canada and the UK. The company operates along with its subsidiaries through a single business segment. AmerisourceBergen is headquartered in Valley Forge, Pennsylvania, the US.
The company seeks to enhance and develop its pharmaceutical distribution, service, specialty distribution, consulting and packaging services businesses. In line with its strategy the company acquired World Courier, a leading specialty logistics for global clinical trials with operations in more than 150 countries.
This comprehensive SWOT profile of AmerisourceBergen Corporation provides you an in-depth strategic analysis of the company’s businesses and operations.
The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s
key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats.
The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners,
customers and competitors better.
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – GlobalData’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list of key operational centers and subsidiaries of the company, including contact details.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with five-year history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from five quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company during the interim period.
- Note: Some sections may be missing if the company’s data is unavailable.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research purposes. Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated into the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
- Identify potential customers and suppliers based on the analysis of the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services and business strategy.
- Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies with GlobalData’s detailed SWOT analysis. It analyzes the company’s core strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats, providing you with an up-to-date objective view of the company.
- Examine potential investment and acquisition targets with this report’s detailed insight into the company’s strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratios presented for major public companies in the report include revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.